Sports present an opportunity for exercise and fun. For professional athletes, they are a source of livelihood. It is why sports injuries can be so devastating. Thus, preventing injuries, and quickly recovering from them is critical to top performance.
All sports carry injury risks. Injuries can happen suddenly, like fractures. They can also be gradual due to repetitive movement that exerts stress on tissues or muscles. Chiropractic care can help you achieve full recovery from most sports injuries.
At T98 Rehab Chiropractic and Wellness Center, we understand how much you want to get back on the field. We also know the importance of full healing to avoid niggling issues. We have comprehensive care and treatment services that will help you heal from your injury and get to the highest levels of your game.
Here is a look at some of the major sports injuries and how our chiropractic services can help.
Types of Sport Injuries
Sprains and strains affect the muscles and joints. Strains happen when the ligaments stretch or twist beyond a limit. Sprains occur when the ligaments tear. Common sprains are ankle and wrist stains. Common strains include hamstring strains and quads and pulled groin muscles.
The knee is a complex joint that also takes a beating during most sports. It has to endure knocks and pressure impacts from stops and body weight. Common knee injuries include anterior cruciate ligament tear, cartilage tears, and dislocation.
Fractures affect the bones, usually in the arms, feet, and legs. They are common in a contact sport or other high-impact sports. The bone can break as a one-time injury creating an acute fracture. The breaking can also happen over time with repetitive impact (stress fracture). They take time to heal and may immobilize you for weeks.
Dislocations happen when two bones forming a joint become separated. This injury is often from high impact. Dislocations may also damage nerves in the area affected. Proper rehabilitation is necessary for the healing and recovery of the full motion range.
Tennis elbow is an injury of repetitions. Tennis elbow is an injury of repetitions. It happens when tears occur in the elbow due to repetitive activity or overuse. It is a common injury among tennis and golf players.
Shin Splints and Plantar Fasciitis
These two are also injuries that come with repetitive use and lack of proper support. Shin splints refer to inflammation in the muscles of the lower leg around the shin bone. Plantar fasciitis is a tendon inflammation in the foot’s arch.
Achilles’ Tendon Injuries
Injuries on the Achilles’ tendon cover the whole area from the calf muscle to the heel. They are usually a result of overstretching or tearing the tendon. Lack of flexibility and overuse are the leading causes.
Back and spinal column injuries vary in extent and causes. They include lower and back pain, upper and middle back pain, and injuries to the discs. Other injuries cause inflammation of the back muscles and tissues around the vertebrae. Sudden high impacts from falls or contact may also cause acute back injuries.
Why You Should Consider Chiropractic Treatment for Sports Injuries
While you have the option of relying on medical doctors for your treatment, our chiropractic therapy for sports injuries approach is better. Instead of seeing the injured parts as an individual, we view your body as an integrated system. Our approach is holistic and balanced. We seek to ensure all the sections of your musculoskeletal system works perfectly.
We use various physical therapy techniques and spinal adjustments. Through them, we pay special attention to your spine, joints, bones, and muscle. We also treat the connective tissues and nerves. Our treatment ensures all of them are functioning normally.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care to Athletes
- You will find the source and extent of your injury. Even if you have mild symptoms like headaches, mild pain, or discomfort, it is wise to visit us. Often, you may mistake or overlook the underlying issue. Our experience and examination process establishes the exact source and extent of the injury. In turn, this allows for the right treatment process.
- It helps relieve pain through the gentle manipulation of the spine. This action promotes better blood flow and reduces tensions and constrictions.
- It improves your range of motion by alleviating stiffness and increasing flexibility. By relieving pain, chiropractic care enables normal functioning without having to strain.
- It offers quick recovery by ensuring all the muscles and bones are correctly aligned. With better blood flow, essential fluids and nutrients for healing get to the injured areas faster. The specialized tools and soft tissue manipulation also break up any scar tissue that impedes recovery.
- Chiropractic care prevents injuries through tailored programs that address any potential injury risks. We also ensure your musculoskeletal system is aligned correctly and functioning optimally.
- Under our care, you will also gain improved performance. We treat injuries thoroughly and ensure all your muscles and joints are at their optimum performance levels. In turn, the comfort and enhanced muscle health and strength allow you to increase your athletic performance.
- Finally, you benefit from having a non-invasive and drug-free therapy. While we work with other medical professionals in cases where surgery is needed, for the most part, our care is non-invasive and we do not use drugs. This nature of our treatments allows you to recover faster and experience no drug side effects or develop a drug dependency.
Get Help Today
Whether you are in sports as a career or for exercise and fun, you still are at risk of getting a sports injury. If you take the wrong advice of playing through the pain, you risk aggravating the injury further. It delays your recovery, while at the same time limiting your performance.
At T98, we can help you achieve quick recovery and even prevent future instances of injury. Some of the techniques include;
- Electrical muscle stimulation. We use electricity to cause muscle contraction, releasing tension towards the muscle’s surface.
- The cupping technique. It uses suction cups to get blood to the skin surface of the body part that needs healing.
- Active release technique. It combines stretches, massaging, and moving the body through a set range of motion.
- The functional dry needling technique. It uses focused deep trigger points to create stimulation and release muscle tension.
- Graston Technique breaks down the scar tissue using stainless steel tools.
Do not let your injuries limit your potential and the joy you get from your sport. Our experts are ready with non-invasive treatment techniques for your fast recovery. Call us today and let us work on getting you to your best sporting performance.